- First time staying in a children's hospital
- First time in the ICU
- First time getting an IV
- First time mom or Alex gives a blood test
- First time mom ever gives a shot
- First time having a low blood sugar
- First time getting an x-ray
- First time getting mono
We had another "first" this week. I pretty much knew what that first was going to be when I saw the caller ID on the phone at 3 PM being the school district. Alex wasn't on the bus. She had a low when they checked her at the end of the day. They gave her a snack and she went down lower after that snack. That's when I got the call. Oddly enough, I think I was the most calm of the bunch. I drove to the school and by the time I got there she was on her way back up and mostly annoyed she didn't get to ride her bus home.
Chalk that up to another "first" I guess...