Friday, March 9, 2012

A First Time For Everything

There have been a lot of "firsts" in the 10 weeks diabetes has entered our lives...
  • First time staying in a children's hospital
  • First time in the ICU
  • First time getting an IV
  • First time mom or Alex gives a blood test
  • First time mom ever gives a shot
  • First time having a low blood sugar
  • First time getting an x-ray
  • First time getting mono
I feel like I could visualize the beginning of a new scrapbook album, but it doesn't sound like a very fun one...

We had another "first" this week. I pretty much knew what that first was going to be when I saw the caller ID on the phone at 3 PM being the school district. Alex wasn't on the bus. She had a low when they checked her at the end of the day. They gave her a snack and she went down lower after that snack. That's when I got the call. Oddly enough, I think I was the most calm of the bunch. I drove to the school and by the time I got there she was on her way back up and mostly annoyed she didn't get to ride her bus home.

Chalk that up to another "first" I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment